At Immanuel Lutheran Communities, we serve a population that is particularly vulnerable to COVID-19. We are working hard to keep our residents healthy and safe during this challenging time. By donating to Immanuel’s COVID-19 Response Fund or giving your time, talents, and supplies, you’ll help further these efforts.
The Immanuel Foundation has established a fund to help Immanuel Lutheran Communities purchase necessary services and equipment to fight COVID-19.
Your gifts to this fund will help purchase:
- Supplies for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) gowns and masks
- Materials costs for face shields
- Emergency paper products for serving meals to residents
- Virtual exam room app LifeSize for telehealth services coordinated with local providers
- Emergency supplements to the Employee Christ Care Fund
- Other needs related to Immanuel’s coronavirus response
Funds aren’t the only thing Immanuel needs to respond effectively to the coronavirus. If you have sewing skills or just enjoy connecting with seniors, here are some ways you can help:
- Can you sew? Help make PPE gowns for Immanuel employees! Email Charline Payne at firstname.lastname@example.org to help.
- Are you more of a crafter? Make a fidget blanket to soothe a resident with dementia! Learn more
- Are you using this time to clean out your craft supplies? Donate your extras for resident craft projects! We also welcome newly-purchased supplies.
- Are your children feeling isolated and in need of connection? Immanuel Lutheran Communities residents would love to correspond with them! If your child is interested in becoming a pen pal for a resident, contact Angela DeShazer at email@example.com to sign up.
If you are donating fidget blankets, PPE gowns, or craft supplies, please leave your donations at the Immanuel Skilled Care Center Shipping and Receiving door–just go to 185 Crestline and drive to the back of the building.
We are very grateful for your in-kind contribution, and we want to recognize you! To make sure we know who donated what, please print and fill out this form and either leave it with your donation or scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you a letter acknowledging your generous contribution. Thank you so much!
The Coronavirus Relief Act, passed on March 27, 2020, may allow you to deduct your contribution on your 2020 taxes (filed in 2021). The bill includes a new charitable contribution deduction of up to $300 that applies to all taxpayers, even those who don’t itemize.
The bill also raises the cap on charitable contributions for those who do itemize.
At the Immanuel Foundation, we believe that every senior living in Montana has the right to a safe, secure home in an engaging and supportive community. We work every day to make that vision a reality and your financial support is crucial.